Web directions code 2012 review & slides
25 May 2012
I was at Web Directions Code 2012 the last two days and it was an absolute blast.
Web Directions have pretty much perfected the web conference / event hosting thing. #wdc12 has been my best event out of 5 of their previous events that I've managed to attend.
- Single track - no FUUUUUU I wish I could attend all 3 sessions in their multi-track events
- Location - Was right next door to my work in the RACV buildiing, Melbourne CBD
- Seating - more informal with 8 to a round table spread across the hall
- Free Blackberry playbook!
- Speakers / Topics - Both the HTML5 and JS days had a great lineup and mix of deep-dive and broader coverage of things.
I came away inspired and armed with practical things I could do right away with my projects and also an appetite to try things like Websockets & NodeJS, Client side templates, HTML5 hooks for game development and lots more.
Maxine & John will no doubt be putting up the all the slides and eventually the videos as well.
In the meantime here's 9 out of the 22 presentation slide decks from the last 2 days.
9 slides and sample code from the event.
"Getting Closure" - Mark Dalgleish, @markdalgleish
"Debugging for Lazy Devs" - Ryan Seddon, @ryanseddon
"HTML5 video" slides, sample code -Â Sylvia Pfeiffer, @silviapfeiffer
"Designing in the Browser" - Divya Maninan, @divya
"Getting touchy feely with the web" slides, Code samples - AJ Fisher, @ajfisher
"Dode's personal manservant" code and notes - Jed Schmidt, @jedschmidt
"HTML5 - fantastic forms for mobile web" - Tammy Butow, @tammybutow
"HTML5 games" - Rob Hawke, @robhawke
Next post →: Zaman is arabic for an era
← Previous post: Can you code faster than me?